Smart concepts fully engineered
Linch-pin’s core competencies include structural, mechanical, naval architecture, subsea and installation engineering. Related engineering support is available for geotechnical, metocean and facility engineering via our partner companies.
Linch-pin provides consulting services such as casualty investigation and expert witness.
We can provide full project management and engineering services through to ad-hoc consulting services across the asset lifecycle:
- Detailed Design
Our self-installing TAP platform design is one example of our innovative engineering approach, our Projects Directory contains many more examples.
For small to medium sized projects we can offer EPC project delivery to address client requirements for delivering a total solution from smart concept through to finished project.
Linch-pin has a strong in-house structural team with the experience and capabilities to complete the most challenging projects, including in the following:
- Brownfields and Greenfields engineering
- Inspection and condition assessment
- Offshore structures (fixed and floating)
- Subsea structures
- Bespoke specialized equipment
- Installation aids
- Spreader bars and lifting frames
- Grillage and seafastening
- Installation vessel and barge capacity check
- Environmental loading
- Mooring systems
- Deployment systems
- Rigging design
- Temporary works
Linch-pin’s Structural Engineering project history can be found in our Projects Directory.
Linch-pin’s range of subsea engineering capability covers design and specification of permanent equipment and package management through delivery, installation and commissioning. We design and supply
subsea structures and temporary subsea equipment.
Our practical approach to the design of subsea structures places emphasis on simplicity of installation and operation.
Our experience includes:
- Subsea controls
- Mooring systems
- Bespoke subsea hydraulic equipment
- Emergency Pipeline Repair Systems for up to 60” diameter pipelines
- In-line PLETs, PLEMs and Tees
- Large and small subsea manifolds
- Mid-depth buoys
- Complex riser replacement
- Complex umbilical failure issues
- Complex analysis of fibre optic cable installation
Linch-pin’s Subsea Engineering project history can be found in our Projects Directory.
Linch-pin has extensive experience with offshore installation planning and execution assisting clients with either contractor management or self-execution.
Our experience covers:
- Marine transport and installation of various fixed, floating and subsea structures
- Launched jackets, upended jackets, singe lift jackets
- Deep draft caisson vessels (spars)
- Complex drilled and grouted pile foundations
- Driven pile foundations
- Raft foundations
- Suction piles
- Gravity base
- Drag and gravity anchors
- Lifted module support frames, deck modules and integrated topsides
- Flexible and rigid pipelines
- Umbilicals and cables
- Permanent and temporary mooring systems
- Subsea manifolds/PLETs/PLEMs
- Pre-commissioning (including pigging and hydrotesting)
- Brownfields modifications
- Marine management
Linch-pin’s Installation Engineering project history can be found in our Projects Directory.
We combine robust capital stewardship, project management processes and systems with experienced and capable project management personnel to provide high value services
Linch-pin has proven experience in the management of engineering projects from early stage planning through to execution and handover to operations.
We align ourselves closely with our clients’ objectives and their needs by tailoring proven systems of work to their specific end state vision.
Our project management services include:
- Concept development management
- Development options assessment on cost, schedule and risk basis
- Project mapping
- Preparation of Basis of Design
- Management of:
- Field data gathering including metocean studies, geophysical and geotechnical investigations
- Engineering studies to enhance development certainty and mitigate development risks
- Project specific BoD and functional specifications
- Execution plans and associated contracting strategies
- Project organisation requirements and sourcing of personnel
- Project management systems and procedures
- HSEQ management
- Engineering management
- Project services management
- Contracts and procurement management
- Interface, risk and stakeholder management
- Construction management
- Quality and HSE management
Linch-pin’s Project Management project history can be found in our Projects Directory.
Linch-pin has a depth of ‘hands-on’ experience in marine construction management utilising a range of construction vessels and barges.
Our experience is from early stage input through to offshore execution, hook-up and marine management for commissioning, campaign maintenance and planned shut-downs.
We have supported operators and contractors, and understand the differing perspectives and risks associated with executing complex projects safely to budget and schedule in challenging marine environments.
Our range of construction management services include:
- Development of construction:
- Methodologies and schedules
- Concepts and risk mitigation measures
- Construction contracting strategies.
- Preparation of:
- Construction specifications
- Construction tenders
- Bid evaluation and clarification, recommendations for award and contract negotiation
- HSEQ management
- Regulatory submissions
- Installation design basis and detailed design input
- High level execution deliverables (plans, schedules, budgets)
- Installation procedure preparation
- Contractor and subcontractor management
- Progress analysis and reporting
- Development of specialty installation devices design
- Grillage, seafastening, rigging design
- Management of procurement and fabrication
- Tow and vessel management
- Resourcing site teams
Linch-pin’s Construction Management project history can be found in our Projects Directory.
Leading multi-functional decommissioning expertise provides exceptional value to clients.
Our extensive Australian and SE Asia track record covers:
- Asset retirement obligation planning, estimates and budgets
- Consents and approvals
- Regulator engagement
- Concept evaluation and selection
- Detailed engineering
- Project, marine and stakeholder management
- Contractor management
- Disposal management
Our unparalleled decommissioning experience covers onshore, near-shore and offshore. We have developed budgets and delivered projects within those budgets so you can be assured that our estimates are realistic and our plans robust.
We understand that decommissioning requires engineering and commercial innovation to significantly reduce costs and manage risks.
Our clients include operators, JV partners, consultants, main contractors, regulators and underwriters.
Linch-pin’s Decommissioning studies and projects for over forty fields can be found in our Projects Directory.:
Design, fabrication, installation and commissioning of specialist equipment.
Our innovation occasionally needs specialist equipment not available in the market place - Linch-pin will undertake the EPC of specialist equipment and provide personnel for the installation.
We have supported operators and contractors in successfully deploying specialist equipment for complex projects in challenging marine environments.
Our history of specialist equipment includes:
- Emergency Pipeline Repair System (EPRS) - 60 inch diameter, 100m water depth.
- Subsea chain puller – 400t
- Pig and ultrasonic testing tool launchers and receivers
- Clump weight retrieval sled
- Subsea permanent facilities
Linch-pin’s Specialist Equipment project history can be found in our Projects Directory.
Linch-pin’s industry knowledge underpins building successful project teams.
Our recruitment process is underpinned by over 20 years of hands-on project experience. This provides a detailed understanding of the technical profile required to fulfill a particular role as well as the personal attributes, capabilities and temperament needed to most effectively meet our clients’ requirements
Our recruitment services include development of manpower plans, specification of requirements and job descriptions.
Our specialist areas of recruitment in include:
- Project management
- Design and engineering
- Fabrication and construction
- Health and Safety
- Supply chain and logistics
- Contracts and procurement
Linch-pin’s in-depth industry knowledge available via training services.
Our experienced industry practitioners and university lecturers provide custom formal training courses and candidate assessment in:
- Project management
These are generally bespoke training courses developed to suit specific clients training objectives, typically of 12 modules lasting 3-5 days depending on client requirements.
Please contact us for further details.